Saturday, July 6, 2013

When Fireworks are No Longer Patriotic

I love celebrating the independence of this country that I live in. I love the parties, bbqs, food in general, and the fireworks, especially that traditional view of the standard fireworks show, which I haven't attended in many years. Even setting off one's own fireworks can be a blast. However, may I suggest that if you do purchase fireworks to celebrate the 4th of July, you use them to celebrate the 4th of July, not the 5th of July or the 6th of July. Use them up or save them until next year. It's not patriotic to bother your neighbors or wake up the neighborhood in the middle of the night. It's expected on the 4th, but when the 4th is over, stuff the fireworks, or I will stuff them for you. That is all.

2 comments:

  1. "It's not patriotic to bother your neighbors or wake up the neighborhood in the middle of the night."

    If that's true, then I have no idea what patriotism is.

    ReplyDelete