Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I Miss It

While I have welcomed the break, wholeheartedly, and the demands of blogging every day proved daunting a lot of the time, I miss doing it. I felt so much more connected to the world around me. I rarely had more than one or two comments per half a dozen or so posts, but when something struck a nerve, it made me feel alive. It made me feel like I was getting through to people, even if those people, ultimately, simply chose to "unfriend" me. The great thing about our country, which is extended so perfectly onto the internet, is that everyone has a voice, and anyone can speak up. I love it. I am all for it. May we all speak up when something hits us a certain way. Praise, condemn, critique, debate, discuss, etc. and keep free discourse alive. When we stop speaking up, we allow others to speak for us. Don't lose your voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment