Friday, February 15, 2013
5 and 1/2 Monthss
Look, I know that there are people in this world that have it a lot worse than I do right now, and Leah Marie is one of them, but I've got to say, "Wow, I am tired." It's a tired I don't know that I have ever experienced. I have moments during some days in which I literally cannot keep my eyes open, but it's more than that. It's a tired that I feel everywhere. It's beyond physical, even to the deepest recesses of my mental capacity, too, but it is more than that. My spirit aches. What can I do? There's nothing to be done. So I push on, despite the fatigue. I push on, despite the aches and pains. I push on, despite my drained spirit and physical energy and exhausted mental focus. I push on, though chores pile up for me, kids yell and scream at me, work never stops calling me, and Leah Marie consistently needs me. Despite the difficulties of life, despite all the needs I must fulfill, isn't it true that there is nothing like being needed? I would rather be the means of filling others' needs, especially of those I love, than to have no one need me. People need each other. Take the time, today, to fill someones needs. It may disrupt your routine. It may take you out of your comfort zone. It may, ultimately, waste your time or even cost you some money, but there is no greater feeling than being the difference between someones suffering and comfort.
Labels:
Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment