Sunday, July 15, 2012
Chili-Cheese Fries
The other day Leah Marie and I were planning out the weekly menu, as we often do to prepare for a shopping trip, and I had trouble coming up with a Sunday night dinner. Finally, out of the blue, I exclaimed, "Chili-cheese fries!" I make some mean chili, and I was itching to try a new oven fry recipe, so that contributed to the decision. I am so glad I made that call. I have had a lot of chili-cheese fries in my life, but nothing compares to what we had for dinner tonight. I made one of the best, most flavorful chilies I have ever had (rich, thick, and a subtle spice) and the most crisp on the outside tender on the inside oven fries I have ever made. Top it all with some seriously sharp cheddar cheese and POW! It was as good as any gourmet meal I have had; well, it was as good as some of them anyway. On the menu for tomorrow: hot dogs. I bet you know what's going to happen with some of that leftover chili. Mmmmmm . . .
Labels:
Food
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment