Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Strong Winds
Wow, we have had some storms here the past few days. On Friday evening, a rare derecho swept through the area and made a huge mess, leaving small tree branches all the way up to large trees lying on the ground all over town and country. The wind topped out at 86 mph, I heard. Many people in town lot power, and some people in the are still have no power. Fortunately, our lights didn't even flicker. The worst part for those without power is the heat. The area topped 100 degrees the following day, and the temperature has hovered near there since. It looked like a tornado swept through the area. That is the only other thing I have seen comparable to the mess left in the wake of this storm. The are still parts of trees dangling from power lines. This afternoon, another powerful storm swept through the area, not as strong, but the wind blew heavy, and the storm dumped a serious amount of rain. Now, all I can think about is when the next one will come through. Hunker down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment