Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Home Buying

We are still a long way from the end of this long process, but I am already exhausted. We have looked at a few houses, and we have done a lot of preliminary research; we have even pulled our own credit reports and scores.  Everything looks good, but we are far from seeking any kind of a loan because we are far from making any final decisions on a home. We are tackling the same big questions everyone faces: How much can we afford? How much are we comfortable paying every month? What can we live with, in terms of necessary repairs/updates? Where would we be happiest, as far as location? I am not looking forward to the elevated stress that will come with actually selecting a home and starting the long, involved process that leads to a successful closing.  I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment