The title is a dead giveaway here, to use a cliché, but I have nothing good to say in this post; at least, I have nothing good to say about the topic of this post. For years I have heard nothing but good things about a film I have not had the opportunity to see. Many friends and acquaintances have praised its greatest and worshipped its main character, even to the point of major merchandising driven by his face and common phrases. The reason I had not seen the film until recently had to do only with its rating, “R.” A couple weeks ago, I noticed that the film was playing on a basic cable channel, which edited the film for content and slapped it with a TV-14. While the subject matter is a little mature for children under 14, that meant that any aspects that gave the film its R rating were edited out, including foul language. I decided to record it, and I fully expected to find a fun, enjoyable movie waiting for me when I had some free time. Sadly, that was not the case. I deleted the film after about 20 minutes. It was immediately apparent why the film had received its R rating. In the time frame, I recognized, by my exceptional lip-reading skills, dozens of “F-words” edited out. And by the 20 minute mark nothing significant or even redeeming had occurred, and neither was their any potential for the like. I was utterly disappointed and angered that so many people had praised what was not worthy of even 20 minutes of my life. I enjoy much that the Cohen brothers have done, but The Big Lebowski is crap, mega crap, mind-numbing crap. Have a nice day.
No comments:
Post a Comment