Friday, February 3, 2012
BUTTER!
While I love the rich, fattingly bad, creamy dairy product as much as the next person, this post is about a different kind of butter: almond butter. I was extremely fortunate to have received a bonus for the holidays, and with that bonus, Leah Marie and I invested in what rivals our KithenAid stand mixer as one of the greatest appliance purchases EVER! The BlendTec Total Blender. Costco had a killer deal on the blender, which included and extra pitcher with a different blade. We have used the blender for so many things, but I think our latest experiment is now, by far, the greatest success. Last night we dumped into the blender three cups of roasted almonds, some salt, and a little peanut oil, and made the creamiest, richest, most divine almond butter we have ever had. I swear that we can taste the soul of those almonds. As part of our initiative to continuously look for ways to eat healthier and save money, the BlendTec has payed off in huge dividends so far. So in the last couple years, we have not only completely sworn off store-bought bread (we always make our own), store-bought tortillas (I have a killer recipe for homemade flour tortillas), all inhumanely raised meats and non-organic products, and now we will never buy almond butter again. Next step, peanut butter. Oh, yeah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment