Friday, February 10, 2012

New Mattress

After years of sleeping on mostly uncomfortable, back breaking inner-spring mattresses, I finally have something far better: memory foam. Leah Marie and I "splurged" with some of our tax return to buy a memory foam mattress.  We didn't go all out.  We actually found a killer deal on something well below what you would expect to pay, but it is one of the most comfortable mattresses I have ever lain on, and I highly anticipate the first night of sleep.  I can sure use a restful night that leads to a morning with fewer body aches.  The best part, however, has little to do with the new mattress Leah Marie and I get to enjoy.  We gave Thing 1 our old queen mattress, and he absolutely loves it.  He has been sleeping on his crib mattress all this time, and recently he has complained that it is too small.  His larger than average three-year-old body was becoming a little too much for that small mattress, in his mind.  He was so excited to go to bed tonight, and I feel like he will sleep better than he has in a while, too.  Here's hoping tomorrow morning will be a little brighter for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment