Virginia legislators are in the process of passing a ridiculous bill. I am all for the right to bear arms, but that right should also involve baring those arms. There are far too many dangers involved when one is allowed to legally conceal a weapon. There are plenty of "bad guys" doing it illegally. What does it mean to have a concealed weapons permit anyway? If it's concealed, no one knows you have it anyway, unless you decide to reveal it. I did hear that someone who attended the same church congregation my wife and I attended in Florida had a concealed weapons permit, and he often brought that weapon to church (concealed of course). This, of course, shows that in many ways the desire is ultimately simple and stupid: "I want the permit just so I can carry a concealed weapon." Now that's cool! Unfortunately, we live in a world where people like this want to take their right to bear arms to the most extreme levels and have the freedom to build up arsenals of dangerous weapons that are really not good for anything but warfare.
The Virginia Senate recently passed a bill by a wide margin and with ZERO discussion (next step, the House). The bill intends to make the acquiring of a concealed weapons permit easier. One way the bill proposes to do that is to eliminate the requirement for finger prints. Outside of the ridiculous "needs" many will claim for seeking a concealed weapons permit, I'll leave you to judge the ridiculousness and utter carelessness of such a proposed bill that seems to be encountering no resistance.
No comments:
Post a Comment