Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Everyone Should Hear This

If you know me at all, you know that I am a big fan of music and that just about anything can get me moving, any genre or style of music that is.  I am especially a fan of unusual or less mainstream music.  I know what you're thinking.  You know plenty of people out there who say the same thing, and some of them are a little "snotty" about it, and you wonder whether they just say that, or whether they force themselves to listen to such music because it sets them apart, makes them stand out in a crowd, or simply makes them feel special (i.e. better than everyone else).  I am, on the other hand, only interested in music that sounds awesome and has a message.  If music doesn't say anything, doesn't have a message, then it's pointless, though I do have some guilty pleasures.  Lately, while traveling, I heard an amazing group on Studio 360 on NPR: The tUnE-yArDs.  They have a very distinct sound and a message, so I am spreading the word.  Even if you don't like this, I hope you will at least mention it to someone else.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment