Saturday, February 25, 2012
Yummies
If you know me at all, you know that I love to create in the kitchen and that I am no respecter of technique or "genre." I love experimenting with baking, roasting, frying, sauteing, etc. I am especially in love with making the best possible bakery type goods. I spent years developing what is now the perfect chocolate chip cookie. There is nothing like it that I have had anywhere. I have experimented with all sorts of other baked goods, too. Lately, Leah Marie and I have really been missing our old cupcake stomping grounds in Tallahassee, Lucy and Leo's. I have also been missing one cupcake in particular that the Whole Foods in Orlando sold in their bakery, a Tahitian Vanilla Cupcake. It was enormous, and it was amazing. It's the only Whole Foods that has ever had it. In fact, I have never been to a Whole Foods that has had cupcakes near that size. Anyway, tonight I seem to have succeeded in very closely mimicking the taste of that particular cupcake. Now, with some tweaking, I am sure to nail it. The best part is that I can feel great about the ingredients. Oh, they're fattening and sugary, to be sure, but we only buy the best these days: organic baking ingredients and farm fresh free rage eggs, for example. It really makes a difference, though it does hurt right about here (*points to wallet*).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment