Sunday, September 9, 2012

Late Night Talk

I don't mean something like David Letterman. I am referring to that initial catch-up phase that takes place between family members who, though they have been in frequent contact, have not seen one another in a while. It's inevitable and necessary. Last night (well, this morning) I slipped under the covers at almost 2:00 am. I have not stayed up, consecutively, that long in a while. Sleep had fled, while Leah Marie and I chatted it up with her mother into the wee hours. It was good times, but, as is always the case, it was regretful, come morning. Of course, we are guaranteed to do it again the next time we get together after a lengthy absence. I "enjoyed," maybe, five hours of sleep, which made much of the day a struggle, especially with Thing 1 melting down a little at church. I am off to bed to recover some slumber and strength. What can I say? I love to talk, and it always feels good to catch up with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment