While crazy and busy, I feel as though I had a successful first week of the semester. The big class has 26 students, and the small class has 5. I am excited to teach all my courses this Fall, but I am especially excited to teach the British Literature Survey because I have taught it before, and the approach I take, in my mind, will find a much better audience at Southern Virginia University. The first day of class discussion felt awesome, and a lot of students eagerly participated. It helps that that classroom has air conditioning.
On another note, other than the two conferences I attended in the last year, I have done very little scholarships, as I have worked to plant my feet securely in new surroundings and experiences and focus on teaching. I am finally ready to begin writing again. I have several essays at different levels of readiness for publication. Some will just require a few tweaks; a few others will require some additional research. I am also ready for some new challenges, new research and new discoveries. I expect great things from my profession in the coming year.
No comments:
Post a Comment