Saturday, September 29, 2012

The State of College Football

There is nothing exciting about college football, for me, this year. It's nice to see Notre Dame playing well. Regardless of your feelings about Notre Dame, college football isn't the same without them playing well. There are just certain teams that must remain relevant for college football to "work": Notre Dame, BYU, at least one Florida team, and a handful of others. I miss the days when MAC teams used to shock the world on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. This year should be fun because there doesn't appear to be a clear-cut favorite to pull away, so far, but there are not enough underdogs for my taste. Too many big schools, hogging the spotlight, and I am bored with that. I am sick of the same stories: the same teams getting all the love and the same teams getting ignored. I am disillusioned. Maybe that's all I really wanted to say, though I still feel like I did not say anything. Did I mention it's almost midnight and that my mind is a clouded mess? I probably should have. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment