We love everything about our house, especially being able to say our house. The location is near perfect, but living next to a creek and some woods has a few drawbacks (though I wouldn't trade the upsides to the location for anything). We have a mosquito problem. If not for our abundant supply of homemade bug repellent, the mosquitoes would have eaten us all alive weeks ago, especially poor Thing 2, he must be like crack to them.
We often find mosquitoes who have infiltrated the house, flying around and preying on the unsuspecting Things and us. And these mosquitoes are a rare breed. They possess an elusive nature that I am not familiar with. I have always found swatting mosquitoes an easy task, especially compared to trying to swat a fly. Mosquitoes, because of their slower flight, are easily whacked by slapping hands together, and they are often easy to smack once they have landed on someone. However, I have found mosquitoes of late a little quicker to escape. Tonight, I stepped up my game. Immediately after finishing the bedroom routine with the Things, I stepped out of their bedroom to turn of the living room light to keep it from leaking into the bedroom. Just as I started to flip the switch, I saw a mosquito fly by and then darkness. Already in motion, I couldn't keep myself from switching the light off. I made a desperate slap and turned the light back on. The light revealed a squashed mosquito on the palm of my hand. Even in darkness, I am now the bane of mosquitoes every where. I am the mosquito ninja!
No comments:
Post a Comment