Saturday, June 16, 2012
Covered in Poop
I knew that title would get your attention. Today, I participated in an activity that I have not done much of in my life, except when I assisted my parents as a child. We had a fun full day that included lunch and Lowe's, where we acquired some gardening essentials, including three large bags of organic gardening soil (with fertilizer already mixed in). The dirt smelled like it should (a product of animal waste). I spent two hours digging up dirt on one side of our new house (still waiting to close, but the seller insisted we go ahead and start the garden). The time also included building a border around the small section I prepped. I used sandstone rocks from the creek on our property there. Then I added a little fill dirt and the smelly good organic soil. We now have five tomato plants (bought from the farmer's market today) goring in that small patch of garden. We also have some bok choy seeds and summer squash seeds to plant soon, but I was too exhausted to do any more work. Over the next couple of weeks, we'll expand that small plot to accommodate a variety of wholesome, organic produce. I'll keep you updated on how it all turns out. When I was finished, I was sprinkled in organic soil, sticking to sweat saturated pants and shirt. I should sleep like a baby tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment