Monday, June 18, 2012

Undermining the Beast

When I hit the gym, I hit it hard. I consider my time in the gym work. When I walk in that door, I am there to put myself through heck. I workout harder in the gym than anyone I know. That's not to say that I am better than anyone; that is simply a testament to how afraid I am of being obese again. So when I workout, I am a beast. I never take the time out to chat with people I know. I close out the world and torture myself. The problem is that I still have an eating problem. I love food. This is not a revelation for anyone who knows me. Add to that the fact that I can cook some rockin' food and bake some rockin' desserts. When I do that, I almost always overindulge. Willpower. Such a simple word, but it takes serious work. The point of this post is this. I busted my butt in the gym this morning, following a series of hardcore speed intervals (1:00 runs at speed with :30 of recovery [slow jog] in between). I ate well today, except for the three cupcakes I consumed throughout the day. Therefore, I undermine that beast in the gym by eating food that should be left alone except in moderation. It is dangerous for me to bake cupcakes because I do it so well, and these were heavenly. Will I stop tempting myself? No. After all, what is life without the occasional indulgence? I simply need to keep the food beast in his cage most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment