Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Epic Night

Thanks to a student, my wife and I had our most epic anniversary celebration in years. It's hard when one has two Things and no one to babysit. I love working at a school that expects selfless service of its students, a school whose mission is to churn out leader servants (those who lead in service). But it's not possible without those students who have dedicated themselves to this mission.

Leah Marie and I had an absolutely fabulous four-course dinner, where the server attempted to treat us to complementary champagne in honor of our anniversary. Of course, we do not drink. She offered us a free dessert instead. It was one of the best dinner services we have ever had, so we left one of the better tips we have ever left. We capped the night off with an epic blockbuster, The Avengers. I have loved Joss Whedon from his early days, especially loving his success with Buffy, Angel, and Firefly. He was, absolutely, the right man to write and direct this film. The humor had a clear Whedon-esque stamp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment