Saturday, June 2, 2012

Driving Drowsy

I used to be a machine behind the wheel of a car. I could drop into the driver's seat and truck for hours, undeterred. These days, I can hardly drive for two hours without the risk of falling asleep. I feel so helpless. Drowsiness and driving, obviously, do not mix well. It's getting harder. Snacking used to help as well as talking about fun or important issues. But even those things are failing me these days. Hot chocolate still seems to help, though I bypassed that option today. I must get more sleep. What is it about life that makes us what to get more done? Stay up late? Well, for me a Leah Marie, nothing is better than a quiet night away from the noisy, rambunctious Things. After they go to bed, we love the time alone, even if we waste time on the Internet or in front of the television. The best part is the freedom to do it in peace and quiet and without someThing climbing all over us. The problem is that they both consistently wake up between 5:30 and 6:00 in the morning (usually closer to 5:30). So when we get into bed around or after 11 pm, and I wake up at 5:30 and still run and hit the gym, I think I am doing more harm than good. If I can consistently get into bed by 10 every night and sleep until 6, I know that it will make a huge difference, and, perhaps, I will become a machine behind the wheel once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment