Thursday, April 12, 2012

Continued Delay

I am going to skip the promised posts for one more night. We are on the verge of making an offer on another home. It our offer will go in on Monday on a bank owned property here in town. The house is listed at well below its actual value, and it is in the best condition in which I have ever seen a bank owned home. Usually, one is missing carpet, has holes in the wall, doors ripped off hinges, etc. This house is virtually flawless (we are, again, making our offer conditional on the house passing our inspection). This house is also much newer (built in 1999). We have been back and forth on so many properties, but we finally realized that we're not ready or really able to get into something that gives us no "wiggle" room. In other words, we decided we needed to look at this process as buying a "starter" home. And the one we have selected, if all works out, will leave us with a low payment and a whole lot of options when the housing market recovers. I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment