Friday, April 20, 2012
More Responsibilities
I am soon to have a new church calling. I thought such a calling would overwhelm me, and it still might, but right now, I am excited to get to work. I am a rare breed, I think, in that I thrive under greater responsibility. Admittedly, like a lot of people, I can feel overwhelmed when I have too many things to do at once. But I feel a great sense of accomplishment and when I am counted on in important matters and I am able to come through. Sometimes it takes a lot of work, a lot of effort to do things I may not be comfortable with doing. But one thing I appreciate about myself is the willingness to put myself in those uncomfortable situations because they will always be uncomfortable otherwise. I don't mean to speak in abstractions, and I don't mean to sound mysterious. All things will reveal themselves in time. Let me just say that in the service of others, I find some of the greatest joys in life, and every calling in the church allows one to serve others in many capacities, so i look forward to serving in some new capacities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment