Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Day for the Ages

First off, this will not be one of the promised posts I talked about yesterday. I left the cord to my laptop in my office, so I have to knock this out before I lose power. That pretty much sums up my day. It all started very early, when I woke up a little before 5am to use the bathroom, and I could not get back to sleep. I arose at 5:30, got ready, knocked out a brief but exhilarating cardio-strength workout, and then headed out to the car. I was on my way to Lexington, a city on the other side of the interstate, so I could meet up with some guys to play racquetball at Washington and Lee. As I started to drive away,something didn't feel right. I knew the van had a flat tire. I quickly changed it and still got in an hour of racquetball. On the way home, I stopped at the Kroger in Lexington to grab a few things. While pulling into a parking spot, I turned a little too sharp an scarped side of one of those cart return things (thankfully it was the plastic part). Sadly, it left a large dent in the passenger-side sliding door. While doing the dishes this morning, I broke a nice bowl. On my way to campus, I dropped the van off at a car place that plugged the last flat we had, and headed up to campus, since they had a little bit of a wait. When I walked into my building, I realized that I had failed to take my office key off of my key chain, so I had to call security to let me into my office. That brings me back to leaving my laptop cord in my office. Just when I thought nothing else could go wrong. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment