Sunday, April 22, 2012
What do you want?
I love life. There isn't much about it that I don't enjoy. Even the hardships and trials I recognize as necessary to strengthen me and provide me with experience, which I can then use to serve others. I sometimes think about what I want out of life. There are days that I wish I was rich so that my family wanted for nothing and so that I could help others in need, but mostly so that we didn't need to worry about debt. Most days, I would be happy enough to have no debt. If we were debt free, I couldn't care less about being rich. Being debt free would give us the opportunity to do everything that we want to do, so in the financial realm, I don't really want much. Now, lest you think I am superficial and only concerned about fiscal matters, let me tell you what I want the most out of life, what I really want. I want peace, happiness, and prosperity. What that means is all relative. I want to spend quality time with my family, and I want to work enough to provide sufficient for our needs. I am not someone who can work myself half to death in pursuit of things that have little or no value when compared to that which is most precious: my family. Any time I have with them is a prosperous time and a happy time. It may not always be a peaceful time (not when you have a one year old and a three year old) but a kind of content that brings peace to my mind and soul. When my family is happy, when their needs are met, I am rich; I am prosperous; I feel joy and peace. Now, what do you want?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment