Thursday, May 31, 2012
Family Time
While I always hope to do "great things" when I have some time off/free time, I am realistic. I love my family, and while the boys are young, I value every opportunity to be a presence and an influence in their lives. Of course, I will still be there in their later years, but there is something so important, I think, about these early years. It's a time when I can make myself the fixture in their lives I want to be, that they need me to be. I can publish that groundbreaking research any time. I will eventually get that memoir in the hands of a willing publisher, but my boys will only grow up once, and I love being there for as much of it as I can. So I am sad to say that the wonderful month I have had off has come to an end. I start teaching again tomorrow. I love my job, one of the fortunate few, and I do that job diligently, but nothing beats family time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment