Friday, May 18, 2012
MSH Conference
I had a great time attending the Mormon Scholars in the Humanities Conference today. It continues and concludes tomorrow. I presented my paper this afternoon: "'Nurse and feeder of the other four': Taste and the Economy of the Senses in Early Modern England." It was well received. What I liked about the session was the length, though it was also a little intimidating. The session was two hours. One hour of presentations, followed by one hour of questions. That's the part that always concerns me. I don't want to sound like an idiot in front of colleagues and fellow humanities scholars. At the same time, it's nice to have enough time to talk about the presentations. I especially enjoyed being surrounded by so many brilliant minds, engaged in deep philosophical and academic ideas when out of the blue, someone would start talking about Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, or the gospel as if all these are commonplace and acceptable in such a forum. The best part is that they are!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment