Saturday, May 26, 2012

Working on the Sabbath

Some things need to be taken care of on the day of rest. Membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a call to service, which is the foundation or purpose of every calling in the church. My current calling, as a member of the Stake High Council requires me to serve the stake in two ways. First, I am a high councilor. Second, I am the second counselor in the stake young men's presidency. Therefore, my presence is required in more cases than it might otherwise be required. Tomorrow, I have the opportunity to attend the Lynchburg 2nd Ward in Lynchburg, VA. I have never been to Lynchburg, so I am excited to see the city and also to meet some of the members in the area. It will be a great opportunity to take the temperature, so to speak, of the young men's program in that area. The downside is that it will be a long day. Their services start at 11 am, and it's about a 45 minute drive to get there. I will leave at 9 am and return home, who-knows-when. Sadly, it will be a long day for Leah Marie, too, all alone with the Things while attending church and leading sharing time in primary. We are both happy to serve; I just know we are going to be wasted at the end of the day of rest. Thankfully, Memorial Day follows. Maybe there should always be a holiday after the Sabbath.

No comments:

Post a Comment