Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Long Day
I have a lot of these. Children should come with a warning: "Long Days Ahead." It started with my playing racquetball after a lees-than-ideal night of sleep. I played very inconsistently. I hit the farmer's market on the way home. Next, I "postponed" a summer course. It needed one more student to carry for the summer term, and I found a student who could attend the course during the June block, so I was happy when the currently registered students all agreed to the change. Yes, I need the money, but I am far more exciting about teaching a course called Literary Heroes and Villains. The rest of the day put us in Roanoke, about 45-50 minutes south of us. Thing 2 had a follow up with an allergist. He seems to be doing well, aside from yet another ear infection. Next step, and ENT specialist. Our visit to Roanoke included food, as it always does, but instead of our usual lunch at Nawab (A-MA-ZING!), we branched out and hit Texas Tavern and Tudor's Biscuit World, both worthy indulgences. I recommend the Cheesy Western With @ TT and the biscuits in general (whoa!) at Tudor's. Finally, after driving around on a spare tire for the last two weeks, I decided it was time to get some tires, but with our finances a little tight, I ended up calling around (and driving to one place) for used tires, only to get shutout. I caved and bought two new tires (we were going to buy four new ones later this summer anyway). The drive home was nice on the new tires, and the car handles a whole lot better. Pricey, but we definitely made the right decision. We ended our culinary tour of Roanoke at Abuelo's Mexican Food Embassy. It wasn't the best Mexican food I have ever had, but it was mighty tasty and an appropriate end to a long day, since it was a Mexican food night at home anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment