Friday, October 5, 2012
Ever Sleep Deprived
I am finally firing on all cylinders again as far as my workouts and overall fitness activity, and my current state of soreness can attest to that. The problem is that some of my soreness is also a testament to the fact that I still cannot find any consistency with sleep. Even when I manage to lie down early enough to provide a good rejuvenating night's sleep, Thing 2 or 1 inevitably interrupts that sleep, especially if it is blissful, and the interruptions almost always happen multiple times or for extended periods of time, making complete REM cycles or even falling back asleep difficult if at all possible. For example, I had a rough night last night, wherein I spent 1.5 hours in the boys' bed, comforting Thing 2 and drifting in and out of sleep, only to be caught by his piercing scream before I could sneak out of the room and back to my own bed. I took him with, and he proceeded to kick and prod me the remainder of the night until I finally gave up and awayed to racquetball thirty minutes earlier than usual. Then there are the nights I say, "Whatever, I am just going to stay up so I can get some more down time, free time from the Things, especially on a night like tonight, when both of them had one of the most difficult times ever going to sleep. The problem there is that they will, as always awake at their usual early hour, leaving my body, my mind (sanity) starved for sleep. Hurrah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment