Tuesday, October 30, 2012

We're Still Here, and So is the Power

I thought all weekend long that people in the area were overreacting. However, I do understand the need to be safe because one never can tell what lies in store under the threat of unpredictable weather. The only real "stormy" weather I experienced today was in a curriculum committee meeting. :-)

All joking aside, it is not my intent to make light of the storm. I can jest because even though I thought people were overreacting in our area, I was still concerned that those fears would be founded. In the end, we were lucky. When I see what has happened all around us and especially north of us, I realize how fortunate we were. The lights flickered a little, but we never lost power, and we only lost one medium-sized tree branch from the tree in the front yard. My thoughts and prayers are with those who have not been so fortunate. Hopefully, recovery can be swift, and we can all come together and forget about politics for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment