I came across the following Facebook status earlier this evening. People just can't seem to let it go, the fact that President Obama came to life and pulled out the debate. That's not to say that Romney wasn't effective. He brought, mostly, his A-game, but the President didn't let him get away with anything this time.
Why would someone bother with this post? First, let me say, I love the person who wrote this status. I think of her as a sister, and we go back a long way. I think very highly of her, but I wonder who all these extreme leftists were that claimed the comment was offensive to women? I am honestly curious because I, as someone who might be labeled as leftist, though I consider myself moderate, and I, as someone who watches all of those leftist media outlets, didn't hear anyone suggest that Governor Romney's comments would offend women. All I heard was people making fun of him for saying such a bizarre phrase. Interestingly enough, he didn't have anything to do with creating said binders. Perhaps there is some offense, then, insomuch that he failed to give credit to the group that provided him with the names of women qualified to work in his administration.
No comments:
Post a Comment