Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Writing amidst Distraction

The debate is raging, and Romney needs a calculator, and Obama needs to dial back the exaggeration. Otherwise, I am extremely frustrated. I hate debates. First, they distract me from writing good blog posts. They also vex me. There's no courtesy in the world any more, it seems. Granted, the moderator in tonight's debate needs more of a backbone, but the debaters are obstinately ignoring most of his attempts to actually moderate and manage time. Also, I loath abstractions; after all, I am an English teacher. Give me the facts. Don't just make general claims. Support your arguments with concrete facts; otherwise, these debates are a waste of our time. I haven't heard anything new. Okay, I am sick of my own commentary and of trying to focus on writing something amidst distraction. Sorry, fans, I will get some juicier posts out to you soon. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment