You used to be so cool.
For now, I will give Fringe a fair amount of latitude, considering it has been one of my favorite television shows for the last few years. Leah Marie and I just watched the season premiere (recorded from Friday night), and I must say, even though we already knew what was coming and have nursed plenty of doubts, I am afraid that those doubts are founded. Sure, it's an intriguing story or plot line, but it's not the Fringe I fell in love with. I love J.J. Abrams, but I am starting to get the feeling that he doesn't know how to end any of the shows he involves himself in: Alias and Lost, anyone? So here we are, 20 years in the future, 20 years under the rule of the ruthless "Observers" with no bridging in the plot. Jumped the shark? Jumped the ocean. I'll keep you updated.
No comments:
Post a Comment