Thursday, November 15, 2012
A Build Up of Sleep
Going into the weekend and my first ever 10k, I have tapered a little this second half of the week, and I will be taking tomorrow off from any type of exercise, except, perhaps, for some light evening yoga. I have run six miles plenty of times. I have even run eight-plus miles on a number of occasions, but there is something different when competition is involved. Not that I think I will place (believe me, I will be well back of the pack, pushing a stroller loaded with two growing Things), but there will be an adrenaline rush and some electricity in the air. I am looking forward to it. I feel like I have prepared well enough because my legs feel strong and healthy. I think the final key is a couple of good nights of sleep. So I am off to bed now in the hopes of extra sleep into tomorrow morning. Then tomorrow night, in a hotel, we should get into bed extremely early, as we always do when hotelling with the Things. That should give me the final edge to a successful 10k. Here's to hoping sleep comes swiftly, lasts long, and refreshes the body.
Labels:
Fitness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment