Saturday, November 24, 2012
Bricks
I put my body to the test this morning. I have neglected certain cardio pleasures that were once staples in my fitness routine. Today, I resurrected long bicycle rides. I put close to 20 miles on the bike today along with a two mile run in between, what triathletes call a brick workout, essentially combining two disciplines into one long workout. I am feeling it. In fact, I have been feeling it all day. It wiped me out. Of course, it probably hasn't helped that during holidays and school breaks I tend to stay up too late at night whilst knowing that the Things will still wake me up at the same early hour the next day. So sleep deprivation plus 105 minutes of serious cardio will wipe one out. I crashed this afternoon and took a nice nap with Thing 2. However, the bright side is the successful training session. I plan on more and more intense versions to come. I am determined to make my return to the triathlon circuit next year. On the food front, I ate a little too much for the big leftover dinner, but I, otherwise, had an acceptable day as far as food consumption. We patronized some local small businesses and vegged the remainder of the day. All in all, a pleasant Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment