I know this will be a long weekend. Why? Well, first, daylight savings time will end, which I usually enjoy. However, when the slightest change in routine can affect the sleep patterns of toddlers, for those who have toddlers, the end of daylight savings time is a bane, not as bad as Isildur's bane, but bad enough. Anyway, while so many other people get an extra hour of sleep this weekend, Leah Marie and I will get to wake up at 5:00 am instead of 6:00 am because the Things are programmed to wake up at the same time regardless of what the clock says.
To make matters far worse, this is the weekend before the presidential election (as well as other elections), so it is crunch time for everyone. With three whole days left to campaign, I am not looking forward to what might surface in the mad dash to the finish. I am sick of lies, misleading facts, negativity, and, most especially, I am sick of robo-calls. Does anyone actual listen to those? The moment I hear an automated voice I prepare to hang up. When I hear a politicians name, click, dial tone. Robo-calls must be the biggest waste of campaign funds in the universe. I sincerely hope the money I have donated went to a far more productive effort.
No comments:
Post a Comment