Sunday, November 11, 2012

Full Recovery

A few weeks ago I reported on an injury sustained in racquetball followed by a 5k the next morning. I had never strained a hamstring before, as far as I could recall. I couldn't walk normal for the next several days, so I biked and took it a little easier in the weight room, especially with the lower body exercises. Resting an injury is do difficult for me. I probably should have taken it much easier than I did, but I am impressed with myself that I held back as much as I did for as long as I did. I started running again after about 10 days, taking it very easy. A few days after that, I was playing racquetball again, full on running. I have had no lingering effects since. I have run hard and lifted hard several times now and have had no problems. I think it is safe to say that I am fully recovered, and that full recovery has come just in time. Leah Marie, the boys, and I are racing this coming weekend. It will be our first ever 10k. I have been training extra, pushing the boys in the jogging stroller the last couple of weeks, just to make sure I will be ready to push through with a decent time. This will be a light week in the gym, including one solid run and some racquetballing. Day off Friday to keep my legs fresh for the race. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment