Sunday, November 4, 2012

Preoccupied

I have to apologize. I have some great blog posts brewing or marinating, but something has distracted me lately. I am reading a lot these days. I know, I know, I'm a college English professor; of course I am reading a lot. Well, I mean I have significantly increased my "outside" reading; that is, I am reading more books books purely for pleasure than I have in a while. It feels good. That's not to say that I don't find pleasure in reading the texts that I teach, but those are also texts that I need to read. The outside reading consists of books I have simply decided to pick up and read. In the last several months I have knocked out or am knocking out Frankenstein (something I have meant to do for a long time), Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Descartes's Bones, and I am nearing the end of Hunger Games, finally. Leah Marie has been encouraging me to read that for a while now. I have been reading it intently just the last few days, as time permits, and despite so many distractions and other commitments I need to focus on tomorrow, I might still be able to finish it then. It has been a page turner. All of these books have been very good. In fact, the vampire book was so good, I am thinking about using it in my approaches to literature course next semester. Anyway, the reading keeps me from working on more in-depth and thought-provoking posts, so I apologize, again, but soon enough, I will be back in the game, probably with some book reviews, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment