Thursday, November 8, 2012

Hungry for More

After much coaxing from Leah Marie and even some students, I finally cracked open The Hunger Games and plowed through it in no time. It is one of the best contemporary books I have read. It is extremely well written and chock full of classical literary allusions, motifs, and archetypes. I thoroughly enjoyed them. When it comes to my blog, I am not interested, most of the time (because I usually blog so late in the day), in a very detailed analysis. I usually only have the patience for a general endorsement, and that is what this is. Take it from me, a professor of English literature, that The Hunger Games is well worth your time. I know, I know, you have probably already read it. I am a little behind the times. I must admit, I have been in a post Harry Potter funk, but I have finally found some texts to fill the void. Additionally, the film adaptation is one of the best I have ever seen. The transitions were nearly flawless, and the changes or tweaks in plot development lined up perfectly. Overall, I am extremely happy with this franchise, so far, and I expect great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment