Sunday, January 6, 2013
Do Over
I wish I could have the last two weeks of my life back. If you are a follower, you know that is has been filled, largely, with sickness all around and of various natures. Nothing has really changed for Leah Marie except that her medication makes it possible to keep food and drink down, but doesn't do enough to keep her out of bed. The Things have been wiped out by two different stomach viruses and a cold (or the flu, it's so hard to tell these days). I battled both of those stomach viruses, too. Oh, the puking, how there was more than I care to remember. I, fortunately, did not do any, though I had some moments of extreme misery. However, I was on the receiving end of about half a dozen blows, and with Leah Marie out of commission, and the word puke almost enough to make her yak, I was left to clean and manage each situation almost entirely on my own. Let me just say, I encountered a whole new series of smells that I hope never to encounter again. I feel like I am on the verge of recovering from the latest bout of sickness, and while I am glad to see it come to an end and to see the Things finally both on the mend, I wish we all could have had a more relaxing break. I return to the trenches tomorrow, leaving Leah Marie to fend for her pregnant, sickly self. May the force be with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
May the force be with you both. You're a good daddy and husband, William! I know this is so hard and it must feel like the world is on your shoulders right now (and a lot of puke).
ReplyDeleteKeep saying "I can do hard things." You'll be the master of it when this is over!
:-)
Delete