Monday, January 14, 2013
My Own Bed
Thing 2 is having issues. The poor guy must feel neglected, though we give him heaps of attention. But with Leah Marie out of commission and far from able to function in her normal capacity, life is not what it has been or should be, and Thing 2 can certainly sense that. His ability to sleep through the night has regressed over the last couple of months. When Leah Marie and I took turns putting the Things to bed, Thing 2 slept better and better, but now, I am lucky to get two hours of sleep in my own bed on the best nights. Last night, I slept the entire night in their bed. Thing 2 not only needs someone in bed with him, but he needs an arm around him, or he will not fall asleep. Fortunately, I am still getting a two to three hour window every night, right after he falls asleep, to relax, watch television, read, blog, and spend time with Leah Marie, but I fear that the days I am allowed to have that down time are numbered in the single digits. Every night when I get into bed, I wonder, how long before Thing 2 needs me? And so I wonder that tonight. . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment