Thursday, January 24, 2013

Shout Out

To Olli Salumeria for developing one of the greatest food products I have ever put in my mouth. Everyone needs to make Olli's salame of part of his or her life. We decided on a new tradition in our home over the holidays (Christmas Day and New Years Day), setting a plate of dry salami out with fun cheeses, crackers, and jam. We looked all over for some premium meats and found some adequate cured meats at a food co-op. Eventually, after the success of the Christmas Day nosh, I happened upon my first salame from Olli Salumeria, while looking for the New Years Day version. I will never eat another piece of dry salami again. It's all about salame, Olli style. The best part? "Good salumi is directly affected by the quality of the pork, and we go to great lengths to obtain the best pigs available in the USA. The pigs are humanely pasture-raised and are fed all-vegetarian feeds (antibiotic-free and never fed animal by-products)." Now that is a business model I can support all the way to my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment