President Obama gave his recommendations today for reducing gun violence, and it unleashed a whole new wave of stupidity on the internet, especially social-networking sites. People I care for, love and respect, are making it hard for me to see them as anything but ignorant at best and complete idiots at the worst. And I don't mean that as straight up name-calling. I literally mean the proper denotation of the word: "An idiot, dolt, or dullard is a mentally deficient person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way" (thank you, Wikipedia). I know that is not a Christ-like attitude, and I do try to emulate my Savior, as we all should. But it is hard when encountering things like today's "favorite": "Remember this when you see Obama using children as props," written over the top of a picture of Hitler surrounding himself with children. The friend posting it said the following: "Saw this today and thought it might be a cautionary warning." Really? So, then, can we say that about all people who have or will ever surround themselves with children or speak lovingly or caring words about them? I can think of one famous example, Jesus Christ:

No comments:
Post a Comment