Friday, January 11, 2013

Week One: In the Bag

I survived one of the most difficult first weeks of a semester I have ever had. It, of course, started the weekend before the start of Christmas break when I fell ill. From that moment, I don't think a day passed for the next three weeks without at least two people ill in our home at the same time. This left me far behind on prep for the semester and far behind on keeping this home in order. By the end of the day Monday and on into Tuesday morning, I finally finished recovering from my second round of sickness (six days long, the longest for me in many years) only to run into Thing 2 puking through the night Tuesday on into Wednesday morning. The following night, Thing 1 woke up several times yelling about leg pain. Despite those challenges and major lack of sleep, I find myself sitting here caught up on almost everything at home, and more than caught up on prepping for this semester, which is off to a great start: great classes and great students. This is going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment