Saturday, December 29, 2012
Alone Time
I usually don't need it. My personality type prefers company, most of the time, but I don't prefer any kind of company. I prefer people whom I care about. The paragon of such a person is Leah Marie. Unfortunately, Leah Marie, barely into her eighth week of pregnancy, has been almost completely confined to bed for over a week. This leaves me feeling lonely most of the time, as I am sure it leaves her feeling, too. The difference is that her personality type often welcomes alone time. Of course, the quality of her alone time matters, and when it is forced, due to sickness, it certainly is not all good. Now, I do have the Things to keep me company throughout the day, but that isn't company that is always welcome, especially when I have complete charge of them. If not for them, I would spend more time with Leah Marie, but even then, she cannot stand too much movement of the bed; neither can she stand to do much talking. Also, because she is often feeling wiped out, in addition to deathly ill, she sleeps on and off throughout the day and goes to sleep early at night. All this factors into strict alone time for me at night. The Things are cozy in bed, though someone (usually Thing 2) inevitably will wake up in the middle of the night, requiring my presence at least until he falls back to sleep, and sometimes I need to stay most of the rest of the night/early morning. So here I sit, all by myself, blogging, watching a bowl game, trying to find a way to have fun and not to feel bored, alone, and utterly depressed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment