Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Stupid People

I had a good friend who used to say, "It's so hard to have patience with stupid people." I really do hate to call people stupid. It's not nice. That's not to say that I don't do it. I call people stupid in the privacy of my own home all the time, too often, in fact. I always feel bad and correct myself, but I have trouble finding a better way to describe the motivation behind some people's actions, from posting completely unfounded propaganda on the internet (especially social media sites) to plain old, physical bonehead moves. This happens so many times throughout any given day, that I could almost write a year's worth of blog posts in one week. I apologize for the generalizations, but as I sat here trying to think of something to write about, I felt completely overwhelmed by the things I wanted to address. And to be honest, I don't really think people are stupid. I honestly want to know why some of them think the way they do, especially when some of those thoughts or beliefs are contrary to concrete facts or evidence to the contrary. And my hope is that if any of them read my blog, that it would open up some kind of civil dialogue rather than a contentious debate. But, alas, I am a passionate person, so I often find myself jumping into hostilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment