While many people take the time to declare the obsolescence of the right to bear arms, I am not ready to go that far. I would say, however, that at least the wording or our modern-day interpretation of it is obsolete. Also, I would like to add that the NRA is obsolete (at least as a lobby), though it and its members would disagree. Regardless of what the NRA and its members want you to believe, few, if any, people want to take away your guns or your second amendment rights. Most advocates of gun control simply seek to place certain restrictions on certain fire arms. So what I am trying to say is that the NRA needs to stop shooting off its mouth. You can find support for my title here. When has fighting violence with violence ever worked in the long run, people? Do you want a more rational argument? Go here. These ladies in the snarky comments and satirical tones offer far more wisdom than LaPierre could ever hope to bag with any firearm.
I could go on and on, but I honestly don’t think it will do any good. The NRA and many of its members remain consistently irrational, so why would they listen to reason? If anyone decries guns and threatens even the slightest tightening of restrictions, they cry, “foul.” Why? No one is threatening to take away your right to bear arms. I will close with the following meme I “enjoyed” on Facebook this weekend:
It had the following caption, written by the person who shared it: “Funny how nothing that those in Washington say do they actually want to do themselves.” This is why you cannot have a rational discussion with many gun advocates and many NRA members. If you looked at that meme and read the caption and didn’t immediately realize at least half a dozen illogical claims, you are likely a part of the problem … or just very tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment