Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Stolen

Some days I feel like someone stole my life from me. Sadly, I feel that way too much lately. There is no way to explain. Only those who are or have been where I am (and have been) can understand in any way. Therefore, I won't even try to explain. I can say, however, that I am glad to be on vacation right now. It may not be the most fun vacation I have ever had, but it is nice to have no obligations for a couple weeks. It gives me time with my family without distraction, and in the case of current events, it allows me to take care of extra things, including meeting many of Leah Marie's growing needs.

And now, a story. Thing 2 was playfully climbing all over me late this afternoon, and in the middle of a laugh, he coughed up some chunks, which I obligingly caught in my lap. He followed this with a round of major puking, filling my lap the rest of the way and covering most of the front of my person. I was sitting on the floor, with my knees up toward my chest, so I just held onto him, squeezed my legs together, and directed the entire mess onto me in an effort to save the floor and rug, especially from a serious scrubbing. It worked, but I did not save myself from the horrific smell or feel of wearing the think, chunky mess. I suppose that this post should come with a reader advisory, so reader discretion is advised.

No comments:

Post a Comment