Friday, December 21, 2012

Guns, Sex, and Rock 'n' Roll

Now that I have your attention, I am ready to make some promises. Yesterday I finished grading for the semester, and I am ready, hopefully, to get down to some serious blogging, digging into the juiciest current topics. The title of this post is a teaser of things to come.

And now for a weekend events log:
Today we did some painting in the Things' room to prep it for Christmas morning. Then, we will unveil their Dr. Seuss themed room, complete with quotes from some of their favorite classic Seuss tales.

Tomorrow we hit the road for our holiday travel. Fortunately, we will only drive about 50 minutes before settling into Roanoke, where we will spend the day celebrating Thing 1's 4th birthday. We will hit the transportation museum, the cupcake shop, and a few other favorite destinations before settling in for the night in a cozy hotel room, one of Thing 1's absolute favorite things of all time.

And . . . that's about it. We'll come home Sunday and veg. We had big plans for Christmas dinner, but with Leah Marie's sickness and the onset of my holiday laziness, already, I imagine it will be a day for grazing, so call me cattle and put me out to pasture. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment