Saturday, December 8, 2012
Somnambulism
I basically sleepwalked through this entire day, starting with a morning run that was anything but normal. I have had very little get-up-and-go today. The worst part was the snacking. I could not, for the life of me, stop eating. I have exercised hardcore and eaten nearly perfect for two weeks straight. Perhaps (I should say, hopefully) my body needed the break. To be fair, with another week in which I burned nearly 10,000 calories exercising, I had more than a sufficient calorie deficit for the extra snacking I did today, including the junk foods. It is better for me to accept that I can take one day off every couple of weeks and eat with a little reckless abandon. Otherwise, lamentation would, in my case, naturally lead down a path of continued overeating, and erase the progress I have made. So I will write this day off and refocus tomorrow. I am not terribly concerned, since I have had a razor sharp focus and integrity for the last two weeks. Also, I am certain that if I would take the next step and get more consistent with getting enough sleep at night, the urges to snack would not build up to such a difficult to manage level. Tiredness = hungerness (my coinage). So I need to be careful, lest I find myself sleepwalking through excessive eating binges.
Labels:
Health
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment